Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Who am I?

Well, I guess I should start this blog off talking about myself.

I've written and erased this blog like three times. I always get this bright idea for a blog, write in it for a month, then get bored and erase all of it. This time I'm just going for it.

My name is Claudia. I'm pretty young, in age, but not in attitude.
I'm definitely not attracted to actions of immaturity; like drunkenness, rudeness, etc.
I'm a Christian girl, but I like to focus more on my relationship with my God than with religion.
I have a lot of friends, very few "best" friends, and almost no friends that I would go running to for advice.
Im real deep, and you just have to ask to know it.
I've got a loving family, small, but we all support each other real well. Compared to those messed up families on tv and in movies, I'd say we are doing superb.
I love to write, and I'll be posting little excerpts from my writings and books here - that's probably what most of this stuff will be.
Actually, thats how I'll end this first post, with an excerpt from a journal I call "Memoir". It's called Eyes. You can figure out what its about.




Eyes:

I don't remember his eyes.
He's had the most impact on my life, over everyone else, but I barely knew him.
Just a few vague memories, some snippets of sentences.
I remember his month-old cigarette smell, the converse high-tops he would always wear. When he had his jaw wired shut. When he brought me and Pete real rad Easter baskets one year with Heather. The time he and I were at my grandparents house in Prescott, and I was so proud of myself, because I had eaten a full hamburger, all by myself. I remember when he would stay the night, he had this little alarm that would wake him up every ten minutes. And how he'd dye his hair outside on the lawn and rinse it with the hose outside my window.
I remember such precise little things, but I cant for the life of me remember his eyes.
I bet they were just like mine. A blur of colors that looks so simple from far away, but breathe taking and awing when you get close enough to notice.
But when I look in the mirror, I don't see him in me, because I cant remember his eyes.







Personally, Claudia.

1 comment:

  1. i see a lot of him in you. His Eyes weren't the same color, but the spirit behind them is..

    ReplyDelete